Thursday 3 November 2011

Too hot to handle? Try a sun screen face wash!

When I spotted this product I felt like I'd struck gold! I was in Dubai -  its perpetually sunny in Dubai.
I felt a new confidence when I started using the Lotus Herbals safe sun range's sun screen face wash gel with grapes & plums for sun protection.
Grape seed extracts help in deep cleansing and normalizing the skin's ph balance apart from acting as an excellent sun screen agent, while plum extracts helps deposit the active sun screen agent evenly on the skin.
Initially I didn't believe this product and I thought I'm going to have a cling film feeling but wow ! after I used it, my skin would feel fresh and protected at the same time.
Obviously you would combine it with a sun screen if you're leaving your home or office but when you're indoors and you still need sun protection, this is the perfect answer.
Did you know that in direct sun light can also damage your skin? If you didn't know buy it from me now and try sun protection even if you're exposed to indirect sunlight.
For people who like hassle free face care at home or in office, this is the perfect product.
Cost - INR 99 (2 USD approx)
What I like about it - I love the way the product feels in my hands and on my skin, I love the after effect of feeling protected 
Flip side - why can't I just walk out wearing just this?!! 
For largely chemical products I will put up the ingredients as mentioned on the packaging and will share information based on my research, please remember I'm a consumer I'm not claiming to be an expert on chemical formulations. 

  1. p-Methoxy 
  2. Cinnaomidopropyldimethhyllauryl
  3. Ammonium Tosylate Peg -12
  4. Dimethicone Disodium E.D.T.A. 
My research 


The product packaging mentions that the product contains an innovative sun screen agent which is newly invented - which makes me believe I may not find these ingredients easily 
  1. Not able to access information on the first ingredient, however the chemical " methoxycinnamate" is commonly used for UV protection as a 
  2. Sunscreen Agent; Ultraviolet Light Absorber; UV ABSORBER
  3. Not able to find the exact ingredient however, found a similar sounding CETRIMONIUM TOSYLAT which is a quaternary ammonium salt and is used as an emulsifying agent in products 
  4. Dimethicone - is a commonly used as a skin protectant, skin conditioner or anti foaming agent

Source for information on chemicals - http://www.ewg.org/skindeep
For more information you can visit the Lotus Herbals site : http://lotusherbals.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment