Tuesday 1 November 2011

Perfect replacement for face wash


I went through a phase when any face wash seemed too chemical for me to handle - this was a purely emotional battle with face washes, in reality, most products are carefully manufactured by companies and I truly believe that if you can match the right product to your skin / hair type, learn how to use it the right way and use it as directed you will see desired effects. 
Anyway, during this “I’m off face wash” phase, I spotted the Biguine Bio Verbena Milk which is a make up remover and a daily cleansing milk. A stylist at the Jean Claude Biguine salon recommended that I use the cleansing milk with a toner and a serum ( I will write about them in another post). She had replaced her face wash routine with the cleansing milk for 2 months and her skin was radiant!
I tried it out for 2 months and I was in love. It felt like a handsome lover - resilient yet gentle. Before I explain how to use it, let me tell you that I have combination skin and at that point in time I lived and worked in a polluted, hot and humid metropolitan city ( Mumbai) - so this was beautiful for my skin.
Adherent to the COSMEBIO charter the product contains 99% plant ingredients which are organically grown. 31% of the total ingredients are from Organic Agriculture and 100% ingredients are from a natural source.
It contains - water, palm oil, hazel seed oil, lemon peel oil, verbena leaf oil, Olibanum oil, yarrow oil and ingredients which are naturally present in the essential oils. There is this one chemical sounding  ingredient “cetearyl alcohol cocoglucoside” , however, my research indicates that this is certified as a personal care ingredient by the Natural Products Association. 
How does one use it? You need to take a small pump ( just one tiny squeeze of the tube) on a cotton wool or cotton pad and wipe the grime off your face. Ideally you should follow this up with the Biguine Bio sunflower seed cleanser ( will write about it later), however its okay to wash it off with water too.
I replaced this for my face wash and I live in a humid city, so I need water on my face just to make me feel fresh, so I followed it up with water. 
Cost - INR 1860 
Where can you buy it - these products are only available at Jean Claude Biguine salons in Mumbai 
What I love about it - silently does it job without any side effects on a combination skin. Does not leave your face dry or unnaturally clean after usage. Its quite resilient on any grime on your face. Ask me, I’m an Indian woman - this got rid of a vermillion spot on my forehead after my visit to the temple in one swipe. Its perfect as a cleanser. It works so fabulously well for removing any kind of resilient make up. 
Flip side - lasts only for 3 months after opening, guess thats the price you pay for buying natural products. It has a rather unpleasant odor - I loved it because it felt earthy but my gal pal hated it when I got her to use it. Also, its only available at the salon, you will need to visit the salon and may need to over come the embarrassment of not being a regular customer there to buy this product. 
Rating - 5/5 ( I love natural products ) 
What’s missing - I would so totally use a face wash, I need a face wash emotionally. Its like using those shampoos that don’t foam up. I love the feeling of soap suds on my face and I don’t care if they’re chemical , please pretty please? A face wash? 
For more information you can visit these websites ( I’ve sourced the product photo used in this post from the Jean Claude Biguine website)

0 comments:

Post a Comment